Can mindfulness really change a child’s life, does it really work or is it just a buzz word??!! There is a reason why I am so passionate about mindfulness for our beautiful children and it is because it is LIFE CHANGING for them and here is why….
1. Mindfulness will help them make friends – when my daughter started school all I wanted was for her to be happy and make friends. Mindfulness teaches us to understand our emotions and those of others and when we can be kind and empathetic we can build long lasting strong relationships.
2. Mindfulness teaches children the skill of relaxation - We need to teach children what it is to relax. We often tell children ‘honey relax’ or ‘calm down, calm down’ but most children don’t know what it feels like to be relaxed and how to get their mind and body into that calming place.
3. Mindfulness will create LEADERS - Emotional Intelligence (EI) is more important than IQ! Therefore, lets teach our children how to be compassionate and kind. Let's give them the skills so they can understand and be empathetic to others. These are the traits of EI and successful leaders!
4. Tantrums? Big Emotions? Cue mindfulness – we need to teach our children to recognise and then talk about their emotions. Let’s encourage our children to talk about their feelings so we are creating healthy ways to process big emotions from a really young age! We know talking is better than storing!
5. Mindfulness gives children LIFE SKILL’s - once you have taught children some simple but effective ways to help them calm their mind and body, process big emotions, relax their body before sleep they will use these skills for THE REST OF THEIR LIFE!!!
So, can mindfulness really change a child’s life? Yes, it really can! Children are like sponges so the younger we teach mindful skills the easier and earlier it will become their way of life – to be more present, to talk about their feelings and to know how to relax their mind and body! We will be setting them up physically, mentally and emotionally and giving them skills which they will draw on for the rest of their lives!
Do you want to bring these benefits into your family life and your children’s lives? If yes then check out my 6 week online program The Mindful Mama Way. This 6 week program is going to support you in bringing all those benefits of mindfulness into your family life!